Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Help downloadable ?

The VBA Help library on my PC does not work properly (at the top where
it normally says "See Also", "Applies To", and "Examples", appear as
boxes with a dot in the middle).

I've tried re-installing, applying patches, etc. but with no success.
It's really frustrating.

Is there anywhere the entire Excel VBA Help library can be downloaded
so that I can open it independent of Excel? (I've downloaded the VBA
Language reference for Excel 2003 in MSDN and found that it's rubbish
- doesn't have anything on the Timer function for instance).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sep 12, 9:02 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

The help file is a separate file, XLMAINnn.chm where nn is the version.

Bob

Bob,

The file you've mentioned above is the help file for Excel itself and
not the VB part of Excel. In the same folder where this file is kept,
there are help files relating to VBA, but they're fragmented and do
not contain the same amount of info as the real VBA help I used to
have inside the Excel VB editor.

Cheers,
AP