Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using dedicated spreadsheet

Hello,
I am not Excel programmer, I just use Excel automation to hook
my application up to Excel.
The problem I have is that I do not know which options should I offer to the
user if he wants to use a dedicated (the specified title) spreadsheet.
If the .xls file contains only one spreadsheet the selection is obvious. The
name of the .xls file will be set in the application options.
However, if the .xls file contain several spreadsheets, how the offered
option to the user should look like?
Something like this:
---- select workbook ----that will be the .xls file
---- select sheet ----- that will be selected spreadsheet
?
If that is correct, won't it be confusing for the user who has only 1
spreadsheet to deal with ?

Your comments appreciated,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Test the workbook for number of sheets with
If Activeworkbook.Sheets.count =1 Then
'offer nothing
Else
loop thru sheets and offer a list of names
End If

Mike F
"Jack" <replyto@it wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you,but it is not what I am asking for.
I am talking about Options (Preferences) window where user goes to set his
preferences.
At that time the Excel may be not opened yet.
Jack

m...