-   -   Renaming modules (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/397263-renaming-modules.html)

Bob

Renaming modules

Is there a way I can rename Module1, Module2, etc. to something more
meaningful? I have right-clicked on the module name and looked through all
of the VBE menus, but I can't seem to find an option to change a module's
name.

Jim Thomlinson

Renaming modules

Bring up the properties window (F4) if it is not already open. The first Itme
is name and this is where you can change the module name. FYI the standard
prefix is mod so in general you may want to name your modules starting with
that prefix (modPrintRoutines for example).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bob" wrote:

Is there a way I can rename Module1, Module2, etc. to something more
meaningful? I have right-clicked on the module name and looked through all
of the VBE menus, but I can't seem to find an option to change a module's
name.

Gord Dibben

Renaming modules

Left-click on the module to select.

ViewProperties Window(or F4)

Change the name here.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:26:05 -0700, Bob wrote:

Is there a way I can rename Module1, Module2, etc. to something more
meaningful? I have right-clicked on the module name and looked through all
of the VBE menus, but I can't seem to find an option to change a module's
name.

Bob

Renaming modules

Jim - Thanks!
Bob

"Bob" wrote:

Is there a way I can rename Module1, Module2, etc. to something more
meaningful? I have right-clicked on the module name and looked through all
of the VBE menus, but I can't seem to find an option to change a module's
name.

Bob

Renaming modules

Gord - Thanks!