Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Default Text lookup and return

Hi all,
I have a user form that has a text box, and a list box. I would like the
user to be able to type in a name into the text box, press a "find" button
and have the corresponding match (or closest to the match) appear as a
selection in the list box. I have a sheet ("master list") that contains all
of the possible matches/returns to populate the list box.

I would have just created a dropdown for selection, however, in some
instances the user may not know the exact name and may have to select from
the list the closest match to their query.

The user form contains a text box, a list box and a "find" button on it.

Thanks in advance!