Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Menu

I would like to know how to trigger a custom menu every time a
worksheet (xyz.xls) is open. This xls spreadsheet is created every
week and I can not figure out how to do that ?

What I read is that I can put VBA code in the ThisWorkbook module but
because this xls is generated from scratch every week I can not do
that.

Suggestions please.... Thanks

Luis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you create a template workbook that can be used to generate that xyz.xls
workbook? If you can, then that template could contain the code for creating
the custom menu.

If you can't, then how about dumping the idea of using that workbook to create
the custom menu and using an addin that does it instead.

You can load the addin whenever you need it.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

--

Dave Peterson