Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Needed-Error Code 429-Excel 2003

I am using the following code to store some values in a text file. It works
fine on most pc.s but one throws up Error 429. It's too far away to check in
person. My Research suggests a corrupt file or incomplete installation of
Office. We have completed a custom install to run all Office from Computer
using the Add/Remove program in the control panel without fixing the problem.
Could the code be blocked by an anti-virus/firewall or is there something I
am missing??

Thanks for any help

Sub LoadVersion()

'<<<< Version

Dim filePath As String
Const ForReading = 1
filePath = "C:\Program Files\Quotemaster\Toyota\VLog.txt"
'file system object
'if the file exists open it for reading else exit the sub
If fso.FileExists(filePath) Then
Set txtFile = fso.OpenTextFile(filePath, ForReading)
Else
Exit Sub
End If
i = 9 '***Row 9***
'read all the lines one by one into cells
Do While Not txtFile.AtEndOfStream
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Data").Cells(i, 4) = txtFile.ReadLine
'***Column 4***
i = i + 1
Loop
'close the text file
txtFile.Close
End Sub
Sub SaveVersion()

Set fso = CreateObject _
("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set txtFile = fso.CreateTextFile _
("C:\Program Files\Quotemaster\Toyota\VLog.txt", True)

txtFile.WriteLine _
frmAdmin.txtVersion.Value

txtFile.Close
AJM1949