Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DSUM vs sumproduct

Well guys, I'm trying to speed up calculations. To this extent I was
wondering if DSUM is faster than Sumproduct... brain tells me it should be
since sumproduct involves multiplication, and Dsum just logical sums.... But
a newbie to Excel, so not sure how the engine functions!!!!

Similarly, say if you had the formula "sum(A:A)" being used at two places
and you "store" this formula somewhere and reference to it (rather the values
it calculates), would it be faster than having this forumla repeating in the
two columns?

Thanks for the advise(s)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes and Yes.
If you are serious about Excel, then check out what Charles Williams has
to say about speed, calculation, formulas and much more...
http://www.decisionmodels.com/index.htm

--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA