Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open file on password-protected FTP site

Greetings --
I have one workbook that pulls reference data from another. I want many
users around the country to have their 'client' workbooks, opening up the
'source' workbook with the reference data stored centrally. That way, I only
need to update the 'source' workbook once.
I've written code to pull the reference data when the 'target' workbook is
opened. I'm now ready to move the 'source' workbook to the central location.
My IT guy tells me the best way is to put it on an FTP site, which he has
set up. However, that site is password-protected (although the file won't
be).
How do I write the code to get past the protection and open the file to
establish the links? Here's some sample vitals:

ftp path & file name: ftp://petersite.com/test.xls
site login: peter
password: coffee

Or should I be trying to store the file differently to make access more
effective?
Thanks in advance.