Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default counting data

Hi All,

I am working in analysis company and I need help in this regard

B1 Startup
B2 Excess Idle
B3 Excess Idle
B4 Harsh Braking
B5 Speed
B6 Harsh Braking
B7 Ignition off
B8 Startup

I need that count of Excess Idle in C1 between B2 to B7, Count of Harsh
Braking in D1 between B2 to B7 and speed in E1 between B2 to B7 and delete B7

Thanks & Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hassan

Checkout Excel's COUNTIF function. For example:
=COUNTIF(B1:B8,"Excess Idle")

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Hassan" wrote in message ...
Hi All,

I am working in analysis company and I need help in this regard

B1 Startup
B2 Excess Idle
B3 Excess Idle
B4 Harsh Braking
B5 Speed
B6 Harsh Braking
B7 Ignition off
B8 Startup

I need that count of Excess Idle in C1 between B2 to B7, Count of Harsh
Braking in D1 between B2 to B7 and speed in E1 between B2 to B7 and delete B7

Thanks & Regards

Counting Data Byron720 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 5th 09 05:02 PM
Counting data ryadav Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 12th 06 12:12 PM
Counting Data Colin Thornton Excel Worksheet Functions 4 February 26th 06 11:41 AM
Counting Data dave New Users to Excel 1 October 13th 05 04:37 PM
Data counting Nobody I via OfficeKB.com Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 05 10:01 PM