-   -   Creating number formula to count number occurences in a data set (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/396223-creating-number-formula-count-number-occurences-data-set.html)

Brreese24

Creating number formula to count number occurences in a data set

Hello, I have a project where I am trying to take a data set (in this case
the GA Cash 3 lottery results) and use an Excel formula to count the number
of times a 3 digit number occurs in the dat ( example 318). Can anyone tell
me how to set this up? Or can anyone tell me what formula to use to count
the 3 digit numbers with the least occurences and the most occurences? I am
NOT using this to play the lottery rahter merely trying to complete an
assignment while learning to use formulas in Excel.

Thank you.
--
Brreese24

Gary''s Student

Creating number formula to count number occurences in a data set

if the data is in column A:

=COUNTIF(A:A, 318)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200739