Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional naming of copied worksheets

Hello! First post, frequent reader.

I'm trying to simulate a "Laboratory Information Management" app using
Excel2003. It takes in lab data for several production lines and shows out
of spec results using conditional formating as well as filtering the required
tests based on part number.

Using the OnTime function that I've read about on here so many times I have
a "base" workbook that will copy each worksheet from the "user" workbooks
where the data is actually being entered (two users entering data, lots of
people looking at the "base" to see it in real time). I can't figure out how
to set up the base workbook so that it will name the copied sheets based on
date/shift etc found in the sheet itself and also check to see if the sheet
exists already and if so to simply paste over it, not make endless copies.

I don't know if I've stated that very clearly but the conditional naming of
the copied worksheets is the main point for now.

Thanks!

--
n00b lookn for a handout