Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Loan Amortization in a cell

I'm a Home Loan Officer in Los Angeles and I'm creating a Finance sheet for
some realtors I work with for there open houses and I'm looking to give
examples of payments.

So what I need is the formula of the Loan Amortization of a 30 year fixed
loan. Is there documentation on it that breaks it down sot that know how to
apply it with my sheet?

Larry Hughes
Progressive Loan Funding

(323) 228-2736 cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at the PMT (Payment) function in Excel help.

there are a series of related functions associated with PMT. In the help
click on the See also Link. The PV (present Value) formula help actually has
the "master" formula for these functions and provides greater detail.

Tom Ogilvy

"Larry Hughes" wrote:

I'm a Home Loan Officer in Los Angeles and I'm creating a Finance sheet for
some realtors I work with for there open houses and I'm looking to give
examples of payments.

So what I need is the formula of the Loan Amortization of a 30 year fixed
loan. Is there documentation on it that breaks it down sot that know how to
apply it with my sheet?

Larry Hughes
Progressive Loan Funding

(323) 228-2736 cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, I used the PMT and it seemed to work for me but...

The number is a negative number by default because it is a payment. I need
to know how to change the sign or change it to a positive number. On my HP
financial calculater there is "CHS" key for change sign. I need to do this
because I have other cells dependant on this cell and when it is a negative
number it through the rest of the work sheet off. I have uploaded the excell
sheet for your viewing to the following;

http://www.larryhughesjr.com/New Scenario.xls

Any help you can give would be appreciated!

Larry Hughes

323 228-2736 cell

"Larry Hughes" wrote:

I'm a Home Loan Officer in Los Angeles and I'm creating a Finance sheet for
some realtors I work with for there open houses and I'm looking to give
examples of payments.

So what I need is the formula of the Loan Amortization of a 30 year fixed
loan. Is there documentation on it that breaks it down sot that know how to
apply it with my sheet?

Larry Hughes
Progressive Loan Funding

(323) 228-2736 cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, I used the PMT and it seemed to work for me but...

The number is a negative number by default because it is a payment. I need
to know how to change the sign or change it to a positive number. On my HP
financial calculater there is "CHS" key for change sign. I need to do this
because I have other cells dependant on this cell and when it is a negative
number it through the rest of the work sheet off. I have uploaded the excell
sheet for your viewing to the following;

http://www.larryhughesjr.com/NewScenario.xls

The row I'm referring to is Mortgage Payment Row, Columns B,C, and D