Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a scroll bar to a cell to scroll its contents.

Is that possible? I have many cells with a sepcific height. If the
contents of the cell exceed the height I would want a scrollbar to appear for
the cell....

Or does anyone have an alternative solution to this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, no can do.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"SkyKid" wrote in message
Is that possible? I have many cells with a sepcific height. If the
contents of the cell exceed the height I would want a scrollbar to appear
for
the cell....

Or does anyone have an alternative solution to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might be a very crude solution but maybe it would give you an idea.

Add a textbox to the worksheet and name it as TextBox1. Then paste this
code in the worksheet code module:

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

TextBox1.Left = Target.Left
TextBox1.Top = Target.Top
TextBox1.Width = Target.Width
TextBox1.Height = Target.Height
TextBox1.MultiLine = True
TextBox1.ScrollBars = fmScrollBarsVertical
TextBox1.LinkedCell = Target.Address

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"SkyKid" wrote:

Is that possible? I have many cells with a sepcific height. If the
contents of the cell exceed the height I would want a scrollbar to appear for
the cell....

Or does anyone have an alternative solution to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not familiar with C#, but in VB (and VBA), I am able to access the
TextBox directly as an object inside the worksheet. I assume it would be
similar in C#.

Here's how I would do it in VB. I replaced fmScrollBarsVertical with it's
integer value of 2.

Dim xlApp As New Excel.Application
Dim xlWb As Excel.Workbook
xlWb = xlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\TEMP\Sample.xls")

With xlWb.Sheets("Sheet1")
.TextBox1.MultiLine = True
.TextBox1.ScrollBars = 2 'fmScrollBarsVertical
MsgBox(.textbox1.text)
End With

xlWb.Close(False)
xlApp.Quit()

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"SkyKid" wrote:

Is that possible? I have many cells with a sepcific height. If the
contents of the cell exceed the height I would want a scrollbar to appear for
the cell....

Or does anyone have an alternative solution to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

by the way, this works with the assumption that the workbook already has a
textbox control named "TextBox1"....

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"SkyKid" wrote:

Is that possible? I have many cells with a sepcific height. If the
contents of the cell exceed the height I would want a scrollbar to appear for
the cell....

Or does anyone have an alternative solution to this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
I have the same problem. I tried to use your code but I don't know how to
link it to the cell. Can we link this code to a specific cell?
Thanks.