Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CommandButton still visible until enter and then exit design mode

Hi all,

I have a command button where I'm setting .visible = false -- the problem is
that the button is still visible, even though the visible property was set to
false. It becomes invisible only after I enter design mode and then exit out
of design mode - then the .visible = false property kicks in. Any ideas why?
Thanks ahead of time. Below is from my code -- there is other code around
this but I don't think it would affect this issue (pasting all the code would
be a lot to go through). I thought the issue might have to do with how I set
Application.ScreenUpdating = True and then False in the middle of the sub (at
the beginning of the sub it is set to False and at the very end it is set
back to True), but when I commented this out, I still had the issue.

'Update sheet so user can see records highlighted in bold
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'Run modules to update the Payment Master sheet
Module11.perfadvidassign
Module11.untiedpaysales
'Update 'Main Menu' so that "red" button is hidden
With Sheets("Performics Invoices not tied")
If .Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Address() = .Range("A1").Address()
Then
With Sheets("Main Menu")
'Change Font of cell to white
With .Range("C9").Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Bold"
.Size = 10
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = 2
End With
Sheets("Main Menu").Activate
With ActiveSheet.Shapes("perfopeninvoices")
.Visible = False
End With
With ActiveSheet.Shapes("perfpayin")
.Top = 225
.Left = 246
End With
End With
Else
End If
End With
Sheets("Performics Invoices not tied").Activate

'Show message box notifying the user that the records have been
submitted
MsgBox "Selected Invoices (those in bold) have been tied out"

--
Robert