Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autonew

I have a excel document which contains a template for an invoice.

I am going to create a userform in excell which will show itself whenever a
new document is created, allowing the user to pick a client name and then
select an address which will then populate the excel document.

I have done this before using word where i did:

(in autonew macro)
userform1.show

(in userform1 form)
//do vba code to enter information

I tried to do this using excell but autonew macro doesnt seem to self
execute like in word. Is there a simple solution?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The equivalent macro name in Excel is Auto_Open.

--
Jim
"parkin_m" wrote in message
|I have a excel document which contains a template for an invoice.
|
| I am going to create a userform in excell which will show itself whenever
| new document is created, allowing the user to pick a client name and then
| select an address which will then populate the excel document.
|
| I have done this before using word where i did:
|
| (in autonew macro)
| userform1.show
|
| (in userform1 form)
| //do vba code to enter information
|
| I tried to do this using excell but autonew macro doesnt seem to self
| execute like in word. Is there a simple solution?
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AutoNew is the name of the MSWord macro.

In excel, you can use Auto_Open (in a general module) or Workbook_Open (in the
ThisWorkbook module).

parkin_m wrote:

I have a excel document which contains a template for an invoice.

I am going to create a userform in excell which will show itself whenever a
new document is created, allowing the user to pick a client name and then
select an address which will then populate the excel document.

I have done this before using word where i did:

(in autonew macro)
userform1.show

(in userform1 form)
//do vba code to enter information

I tried to do this using excell but autonew macro doesnt seem to self
execute like in word. Is there a simple solution?

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

AutoNew Steve C Excel Programming 2 November 22nd 05 01:41 PM
AutoNew Kas Excel Programming 2 November 20th 03 03:41 AM