Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Maximum amount of usercontrols on excelsheet in Excel XP

I have a worksheet with many Commandbuttons on. I can make changes in excel
2003 and save without any problems.
If I use the workbook in Excel XP I cannot save (Excel says that usercontrol
'comandbutton20' cannot be saved).
Is there a maximum number of usercontrols Excel XP can save on a worksheet
or is there another problem? Is there any workaround?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there is, it certainly isn't 20. I suspect the only limitation would be
a memory limitation - I have see no published limit.

Close all office applications then
Try going to your temp directory (something like
C:\Documents and Settings\OgilvyTW\Local Settings\Temp
and find the VBE directory under that. Delete any files there (should have
the extension .EXD).
Also if you have an Excel.x type directory, look there as well.

See if that helps.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ralf Ziller" wrote:

I have a worksheet with many Commandbuttons on. I can make changes in excel
2003 and save without any problems.
If I use the workbook in Excel XP I cannot save (Excel says that usercontrol
'comandbutton20' cannot be saved).
Is there a maximum number of usercontrols Excel XP can save on a worksheet
or is there another problem? Is there any workaround?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for the hint. I have Office XP on a virtual PC with 256 MB Ram. Now
I expanded the Ram to 512 MB and I can save the file.