Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Goto

Hi

I have a makro there get the user to a cell
Nomally i have
Range = ("A1").select

But now i want to get the value from another Sheet / Cell
i have trye with
Range = Sheets(Celler!A1).Select

But i dosn't work

What i want is to have a value in Sheets(Celler!A1)
and then use this value in a macro
so the user goto the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)
Not to Sheets(Celler!A1) but to the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)

Hope some one understand and can help

regards
alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alvin,

Try

myValue = Sheets("Celler").Range("A1").Value

Mike

"alvin Kuiper" wrote:

Hi

I have a makro there get the user to a cell
Nomally i have
Range = ("A1").select

But now i want to get the value from another Sheet / Cell
i have trye with
Range = Sheets(Celler!A1).Select

But i dosn't work

What i want is to have a value in Sheets(Celler!A1)
and then use this value in a macro
so the user goto the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)
Not to Sheets(Celler!A1) but to the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)

Hope some one understand and can help

regards
alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mike
I have try
Range(Sheets("Celler").Range("A1").Value).Select
or
Sheets("Celler").Range("A1").Value.Select

But i dosn't works
If i use
myValue = Sheets("Celler").Range("A1").Value

How shal i then use myVakue

regards
Alvin

"alvin Kuiper" wrote:

Hi

I have a makro there get the user to a cell
Nomally i have
Range = ("A1").select

But now i want to get the value from another Sheet / Cell
i have trye with
Range = Sheets(Celler!A1).Select

But i dosn't work

What i want is to have a value in Sheets(Celler!A1)
and then use this value in a macro
so the user goto the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)
Not to Sheets(Celler!A1) but to the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)

Hope some one understand and can help

regards
alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alvin,

That would be difficult for me to say because I don't know what you're tring
to do. The short line of code reads the value in A1 of sheet celler into the
variable myValue from code in another worksheet or a general module.

Even if your stuck with the coding if you can put in words what you're
trying to do then it's easier to help

Mike

"alvin Kuiper" wrote:

Hi

I have a makro there get the user to a cell
Nomally i have
Range = ("A1").select

But now i want to get the value from another Sheet / Cell
i have trye with
Range = Sheets(Celler!A1).Select

But i dosn't work

What i want is to have a value in Sheets(Celler!A1)
and then use this value in a macro
so the user goto the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)
Not to Sheets(Celler!A1) but to the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)

Hope some one understand and can help

regards
alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

well
I have a makro in workbook_open
this makro have a value
whit code
Range("cell").select
this is allright
But now i want to get the value from another cell
In my cell A1 in sheets Celler
have i : 'August-December 2007'!$B$10
This is this value i want to use when the user open the workbook, so the user
auto coto 'August-December 2007'!$B$10 Or the value there are in
Sheets Celler cell A1

I hope this help

regards
alvin

"alvin Kuiper" wrote:

Hi

I have a makro there get the user to a cell
Nomally i have
Range = ("A1").select

But now i want to get the value from another Sheet / Cell
i have trye with
Range = Sheets(Celler!A1).Select

But i dosn't work

What i want is to have a value in Sheets(Celler!A1)
and then use this value in a macro
so the user goto the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)
Not to Sheets(Celler!A1) but to the value there are in Sheets(Celler!A1)

Hope some one understand and can help

regards
alvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Option Explicit
Sub Workbook_Open
Dim myAddr as string
myAddr = me.worksheets("Celler").range("a1").value
on error resume next
application.goto application.range(myaddr), scroll:=true
if err.number < 0 then
beep
end if
end sub