Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 105,000 line XML to Excel

I have an XML with 105,000 lines. I found out how to import this into
Excel from a message on the board and a link to
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ImportBigFiles.aspx.

Now I have two worksheets with the data.

Currently I have this basic structure throughout the worksheets:

<1
<2
<3
<4
Etc

Each node is in its own column.

I want to change my worksheets so every node in listed in every
column. Like this:

<1
<!<2
<1<2<3
<1<2<3<4

I don't want to Ctrl+D the needed nodes through 105,000 lines.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After the sheet is imported, select the columns that need data added and do
Edit=Goto=Special and select blanks

Now look at what the active cell is. Assume it is A2. Goto the formula bar
and enter
=A1 and then do Ctrl+Enter rather than just enter.

This will fill in all the data. Now reselect the entire columns and do
Edit=Copy, then Edit=Paste Special and select values.

this will replace the formulas with the values they contain.

You might need to select data from the last row of the sheet to the top row
of the next sheet (so the top row is filled in) and then repeat and so forth.

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom. It works great!