Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Preserve the formatting of a cell when pasting into it

Is there a way of copying the text in a cell and pasting it into a new
cell without changing the formatting (color etc) of the cell your
pasting into?

Thanks,

Barry.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 3 Aug, 08:25, wrote:
Is there a way of copying the text in a cell and pasting it into a new
cell without changing the formatting (color etc) of the cell your
pasting into?

Thanks,

Barry.

paste special, then choose values

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 3 Aug, 09:32, "
wrote:
On 3 Aug, 08:25, wrote:

Is there a way of copying the text in a cell and pasting it into a new
cell without changing the formatting (color etc) of the cell your
pasting into?

Thanks,

Barry.

paste special, then choose values

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I don't want the user to
have to use paste special. I wan't them to simply use ctrl c and ctrl
v. I'm currently handling Worksheet_Change, and I've tried using
Cells.Copy at the start of the function and Cells.PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlFormats at the end, but I'm getting an error that
PasteSpecial has failed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 3 Aug, 08:53, wrote:
On 3 Aug, 09:32, "

wrote:
On 3 Aug, 08:25, wrote:

Is there a way of copying the text in a cell and pasting it into a new
cell without changing the formatting (color etc) of the cell your
pasting into?

Thanks,

Barry.

paste special, then choose values

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I don't want the user to
have to use paste special. I wan't them to simply use ctrl c and ctrl
v. I'm currently handling Worksheet_Change, and I've tried using
Cells.Copy at the start of the function and Cells.PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlFormats at the end, but I'm getting an error that
PasteSpecial has failed.

Try getting away from copy and paste - for instance

range("c3").value=range("b2").value

would put the value of B2 into C3 without changing the formatting of C3