Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change Directory

I manage several projects, and their documents are stored in various folders
on the server. I want to get to the folders quickly so I wrote several macros
linked to buttons on my toolbar that appear as follows:

ChDir "Z:\PROJECTS 2007\P0617-PARKDALE CHURCH" 'Z is a mapped drive to the
server
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show FullFilePath, vbNormalFocus

When I click on the appropriate toolbar button, the File Open dialog
appears, but the Directory hasn't changed to the one I want. What's up?

TIA
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By specifying "FullFilePath" you override the current path. Just use :

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show

--
Jim