Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP CANNOT MODIFY BUTTON OBJECT OR SEE ITS PROPERTIES....

Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has a button which isn't tied to a
macro. it was somehow created in vba and the properties seem to be
locked. I cannot find any reference to it in the underlying VBA
code. I have access to all other properties in VBA. When I right-
click on the button, nothing happens - no menu etc. I cannot move,
modify etc. I've googled this thing since yesterday but my googling
doesn't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
can forward the sheet to you if you like. Any help is appreciated.
BTW, the sheet with the button i'm trying to mod is located he
http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Insta...20Template.zip

thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds like its a Worksheet control.
Enable your 'Control toolbox' toolbar, View Toolbars
Go into Design mode, typically the top left button on the toolbar
Now you should be able to select the control
Exit Design mode when done.

Worksheet controls are not linked to macros, instead code in the worksheet
module responds to the various events they support. If you double click the
control it will take you into the worksheet module with the 'Click' event
already completed for you to fill with whatever code you want, perhaps
simply to call another macro in an ordinary module.

Regards,
Peter T

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has a button which isn't tied to a
macro. it was somehow created in vba and the properties seem to be
locked. I cannot find any reference to it in the underlying VBA
code. I have access to all other properties in VBA. When I right-
click on the button, nothing happens - no menu etc. I cannot move,
modify etc. I've googled this thing since yesterday but my googling
doesn't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
can forward the sheet to you if you like. Any help is appreciated.
BTW, the sheet with the button i'm trying to mod is located he
http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Insta...20Template.zip

thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Jul 27, 1:50 pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Sounds like its a Worksheet control.
Enable your 'Control toolbox' toolbar, View Toolbars
Go into Design mode, typically the top left button on the toolbar
Now you should be able to select the control
Exit Design mode when done.

Worksheet controls are not linked to macros, instead code in the worksheet
module responds to the various events they support. If you double click the
control it will take you into the worksheet module with the 'Click' event
already completed for you to fill with whatever code you want, perhaps
simply to call another macro in an ordinary module.

Regards,
Peter T

wrote in message

ps.com...

Hi. I have a spreadsheet that has a button which isn't tied to a
macro. it was somehow created in vba and the properties seem to be
locked. I cannot find any reference to it in the underlying VBA
code. I have access to all other properties in VBA. When I right-
click on the button, nothing happens - no menu etc. I cannot move,
modify etc. I've googled this thing since yesterday but my googling
doesn't seem to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
can forward the sheet to you if you like. Any help is appreciated.
BTW, the sheet with the button i'm trying to mod is located he
http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Insta...20Template.zip

thanks in advance!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!! that did the trick... :)