Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Late Binding/Object Library Probelms

Hi, I was advised to use 'late binding' here -
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...4381bb5c2a6bb1
- as I was updating and saving Excel files on my machine, for other
users who have a previous version of Office..

I'm going through all my Subs using i.e "Dim i as Integer" but I'm
having a problem with some of the code. I had to change "LEFT()" to
"VBA.Strings.LEFT()", and now it has a problem with "xlShiftLeft".
Does anyone know what I should change this to, or if there is any
other way round my Library problem??

I've only 'Late Binded' 2 modules out of 20 so far, so I'm sure
they'll be more problems..

Cheers
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since you are only late binding the Word application you only need to remove
your reference to Word. All of your other reference should remain in place.
If you intend to use any of the constants that come with word then you will
need to declare those but xlShiftLeft is an XL constant and you should have
an intact reference to XL so that should not cause a problem.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson