Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New Window When Workbook is opened

I need a workbook to always open in a new window. Every time it opens it
covers up the open workbook and I don't want that. This workbook needs to
"Stand Alone" in a window.
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is the normal behaviour, but you can arrange the appearance. You can
arrange the windows, either with WindowArrange.. or manually and after
FileSave Workspace.
If you really mean that you want the WB to open in a new instance of Excel,
you will need some VBA code.
Maybe ToolsOptionsViewWindows in taskbar will do.

NickHK

"David A." wrote in message
I need a workbook to always open in a new window. Every time it opens it
covers up the open workbook and I don't want that. This workbook needs to
"Stand Alone" in a window.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It does open in a new window, but with the size/position of when it was last
saved, which may obscure the window(s) below.
You can add code to the Workbook_Open event to controls the windows
placement etc.
Record a macro whilst perform you desired actions.

NickHK