Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change of table name in access where Excel obtains pivot table inf

Hi,

I have change the table name (from table A to Table B). In Excel I normally
use the 'Refresh Data' icon to refresh a pivot table with updated data. When
I try to update it now I get the error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access
Data] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query.
Make sure it exists and that its name is spelt correctly.

I know the 'easy' option is to rename the table back to 'Table A' but alas I
can't.

How do I go about redirecting the source.

--
Andrew
260707
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again,

I've figured it out but if anyone knows a better way please advise...

Open the Wizard and click on 'Back' to go 'PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard
and click on the 'Get Data...' button.

You are prompted with the error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access. The
Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query. Make
sure it exists and that its name is spelt correct.

I can't recall how but you get directed to the Microsoft Query Application
then click on view SQL and change it to the new path and/or table names.

Done!

--
Andrew

"Andrew" wrote:

Hi,

I have change the table name (from table A to Table B). In Excel I normally
use the 'Refresh Data' icon to refresh a pivot table with updated data. When
I try to update it now I get the error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access
Data] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query.
Make sure it exists and that its name is spelt correctly.

I know the 'easy' option is to rename the table back to 'Table A' but alas I
can't.

How do I go about redirecting the source.

--
Andrew
260707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Andrew wrote...
I have change the table name (from table A to Table B). . . .

I know the 'easy' option is to rename the table back to 'Table A'
but alas I can't.

Is the name 'Table A' still in use in this database? If not, you could
create a QUERY named 'Table A' defined simply as

SELECT * FROM [Table B];

Then the query in Excel would use the query named 'Table A', and thus
indirectly 'Table B'.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change of table name in access where Excel obtains pivot table

I've overcome that problem but am now experiencing a new problem.

I have one workbook with multiple pivot tables on it in seperate worksheets.
When I redirect the where to find the pivot table source date (from one LAN
drive to another) OR I create new worksheets (with pivot tables) within the
workbook the size of the file increases greatly (eg from 15MB to 60MB). Then
when I try to update the next sheets source data I get the message 'Not
enough memory'. I can 'ok' this a few times and then I get the message
'Continue without undo'. I say 'Ok' here but then nothing happens and the
query is not saved.

Any ideas?

--
Andrew