Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reading current opened Excel book(file) into streams

Hi,

I want to read the currently opened file into streams.

If user is open Excel and creates a new file, and then
clicks on a button (which is provided by me) then I want to send that file
to my server. How to retrieve the that file into streams. some times he might
not have saved the currently opened file.

I am using VSTO wit h visual studio with C# and I am mainly targeting
Word/Excel/Powerpoint-2003.

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know what the Excel interface exposes in your environment, but
attempting to read such a "stream" would be highly dangerous (if at all
possible) I would imagine, as you have no idea what state the WB is in.
Quite why you want to save WBs that the user does not want to save is
curious/dubious, but...

You could do a .SaveCopyAs, then sent that copy to your server I suppose.

NickHK