Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing Sheet Names

I'm having trouble changing the names of my worksheets in my new workbook,
can someone help? Here is the code that I have. I'm using Visual Studio
2005, Excel 2007 and VB, here is some of the code I have. Thanks!

Dim LCV = New Excel._ExcelApplication
LCV = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Dim oBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim oBooks As Excel.Workbooks
Dim oSheets As Excel.Sheets
Dim oSheet1 As Excel.Worksheet

oBooks = LCV.Workbooks
oBook = oBooks.Add()
oSheets = oBook.Worksheets <----I get an error saying COM unhandled
oSheet1 = oSheets.Add
oSheet1.Name = "Portfolio"

I know it already has 3 sheets when you create a new workbook, but how do
you change those names?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't have Visual Studio, Excel 2007 or VB,
however, here is my guess as to how it should read...

LCV = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Dim oBook As LCV.Workbook
Dim oBooks As LCV.Workbooks
Dim oSheets As LCV.Sheets
Dim oSheet1 As LCV.Worksheet

oBooks = LCV.Workbooks
oBook = oBooks.Add()
oSheets = oBook.Sheets
oSheet1 = oSheets(1)
oSheet1.Name = "Portfolio"
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"NewToVB"

wrote in message
I'm having trouble changing the names of my worksheets in my new workbook,
can someone help? Here is the code that I have. I'm using Visual Studio
2005, Excel 2007 and VB, here is some of the code I have. Thanks!

Dim LCV = New Excel._ExcelApplication
LCV = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Dim oBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim oBooks As Excel.Workbooks
Dim oSheets As Excel.Sheets
Dim oSheet1 As Excel.Worksheet

oBooks = LCV.Workbooks
oBook = oBooks.Add()
oSheets = oBook.Worksheets <----I get an error saying COM unhandled
oSheet1 = oSheets.Add
oSheet1.Name = "Portfolio"

I know it already has 3 sheets when you create a new workbook, but how do
you change those names?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Besides you may try this as you have not properly set the objects in your
code.

Dim LCV as Excel.Application
Dim oBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim oSheet1 As Excel.Worksheet

SET LCV = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
SET oBook = LCV.Workbooks.add
SET oSheet1 = oBook.Sheets.Add
oSheet1.Name = "Portfolio"

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Excel Add-ins Page)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort.