Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Document Level Project in VSTO 2005 For Excel 2003

I want to create a new document level project for Excel 2003. As VSTO 2005 SE
doesn't provide project templates for document level project, I have to go
for VSTO 2005 Suite.

I am using licensed version of Visual Studio 2005. How can I get VST0 2005
Suite.

It will be helpful for me if the download link for VSTO 2005 suite is
provided.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which editioon of Visual Studio 2005 do you have? As retail packaged
products, VS2005 Pro and VSTO2005 are the suite of same level
functionalities, that is, both have the same functionalities in majority as
generic .NET development tool suite (for win form application, web
application), but MS marketing team make one with extra capability different
from the other: with VS2005 Pro, you can do mobile device development (you
cannot do with VSTO2005), while with VSTO2005, you can do Office development
(for Office2003Pro or stand-alone Word/Excel only!)(you cannot do with
VS2005Pro).

If you only have VS2005Pro, obviously, you cannot to VSTO project. You need
to buy VSTO2005 (the same price as VS2005Pro, but only need to do Office
development with all other functionalities wasted, since you already have
them in VS2005 Pro). I do not even sure if you buy VSTO2005 suite,
installing both VS2005Pro and VSTO2005 on the same computer would cause
problem or not.

You cannot download VSTO2005 suite for free, unless you have subscription to
MSDN (then there is no VSTO2005 Suite, if you do have MSDN subscription,
just VSTO2005 as add-on).