Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add information to a cell with Data

Can I have a statement to add information to a cell that already has data.
For example the cell has the following description:

depth = Worksheets("DEFAULTS").Range("C6")

However, when I choose NO in a if condiction (see below) I want to add "_2nd
file" to this specific cell:

ElseIf resp = vbNo Then
'save the file by adding (2nd file)
depth = "" & depth & " " & "__2nd file" & ""

I added as I show above but it is not working.
Could you please help in this matter.

Thanks.
Maperalia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You've updated the string Depth, but you haven't updated the cell yet:

ElseIf resp = vbNo Then
'save the file by adding (2nd file)
depth = depth & " " & "__2nd file"
worksheets("Defaults").range("c6").value = depth

--

Dave Peterson