Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code Protection

I don't want just any old user to have access to macros. How can I prevent
user access to macros. I can't share the workbook because I have seen
problems with that.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike,

There is no secure way of protecting code in a workbook.

Mike

"Mike H." wrote:

I don't want just any old user to have access to macros. How can I prevent
user access to macros. I can't share the workbook because I have seen
problems with that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depends on your definition of secure really. If its just to stop
average Joe Bloggs at work from getting access to your code, open up
the code editor, select tools - vba project properties - protection
tab, and lock the project for viewing and set the password.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBA IDE, goto ToolsVBA Project PropertiesProtection and check the
"Lock project for viewing, and optional enter a password.

Also, depending on you intentions, look into "Option Private Module" and
possibly use an Add-In.

NickHK

"Mike H." wrote:

I don't want just any old user to have access to macros. How can I

prevent
user access to macros. I can't share the workbook because I have seen
problems with that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My definition of secure is to prevent average Joe Bloggs at work from getting
into the code and messing it up. This is exactly what I want! Thanks...