Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mo Mo is offline

Default #VALUE when trying to sum numbers

I am trying to add numbers from the same worksheet using the below:
=N55:N69+N81+N83:N97. I keep getting # Value message. It is important to
note that N81 in the above formula is a sum formula =SUM(N71:N80); is that
the reason I can't get them to add? I've tried using the SUM formula for the
above but receive the same result.

help!!!!!!

--
Thank you for your help
MO

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since you have multicell ranges you need to sue the sum formula wit commas to
delimit the different ranges.

=SUM(N55:N69, N81, N83:N97)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MO" wrote:

I am trying to add numbers from the same worksheet using the below:
=N55:N69+N81+N83:N97. I keep getting # Value message. It is important to
note that N81 in the above formula is a sum formula =SUM(N71:N80); is that
the reason I can't get them to add? I've tried using the SUM formula for the
above but receive the same result.

help!!!!!!

--
Thank you for your help
MO
Albany, NY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mo Mo is offline

Jim,
You are the best. I've been pulling my hair out for nearly two days on
this. Thank you so much for your help!
--
MO
Albany, NY