-   -   Open Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/391967-open-excel.html)

Jason Zischke

Open Excel

Hi All

I was wondering if there is code that can open a new excel window that
allows the file I have saved in the XLSTART folder.

Jason Zischke

Mike H

Open Excel

Try:-

Sub marine()
Path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART\"
Name = "Book1.xls"
Workbooks.Open (Path & Name)
End Sub

Mike

"Jason Zischke" wrote:

Hi All

I was wondering if there is code that can open a new excel window that
allows the file I have saved in the XLSTART folder.

Jason Zischke

Jason Zischke

Open Excel

Hi

Thanks for the responce but I found that would open in the same excel window
what I'm looking for is a way open a file in a new excel window run its code
then shutdown while I'm in the other excel window doing something else.

Jason

"Jason Zischke" wrote:

Hi All

I was wondering if there is code that can open a new excel window that
allows the file I have saved in the XLSTART folder.

Jason Zischke

Mike H

Open Excel

If that didn't work then I suspect it's an Explorer issue. Have a look here.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...64839d48a8fc50

Mike