Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Inverse Fourier Transform

does any body have a VB code for an inverse fourier trasnform?
thx
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

does any body have a VB code for an inverse fourier trasnform?

I'm not familiar with it myself, but according to this link...

http://electron9.phys.utk.edu/optics...m6/fourier.htm

it is part of the Analysis ToolPak (see 4th paragraph).

Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

thanks Rick, but I am looking for a VBA code
that link presents theory and an excel file without the code

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

does any body have a VB code for an inverse fourier trasnform?

I'm not familiar with it myself, but according to this link...

http://electron9.phys.utk.edu/optics...m6/fourier.htm

it is part of the Analysis ToolPak (see 4th paragraph).

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,

Are you talking discrete or FFT?

There should be millions of code examples out there, but you have to be
careful about how they specify input & output (eg. Real vs. Imaginary, or
Modulus vs. Phase), especially for the FFT-based routines. (Make sure you
test on a known problem.)

I think I only have code in Fortran & QuickBasic, and I seem to remember
that the latter was a major pain to use (because of the input/output thing).

-- Al

"Dan" wrote:

does any body have a VB code for an inverse fourier trasnform?
thx
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See Barthog's question on Fourier Transform, the answers there may be helpful.

drhalter

"Dan" wrote:

does any body have a VB code for an inverse fourier trasnform?
thx
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,
The article tells you "To access the tool click "Tools, Data Analysis,
Fourier Analysis" on Excel's toolbar.". So it is already included in Excel,
if you have the Analysis Tool Pack installed.
Whilst I imagine you could write you own code in VBA, I would guess it would
be 1 or 2 orders of magnitude slower than Excel's code.

NickHK

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

does any body have a VB code for an inverse fourier trasnform?

I'm not familiar with it myself, but according to this link...

http://electron9.phys.utk.edu/optics...m6/fourier.htm

it is part of the Analysis ToolPak (see 4th paragraph).

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry, I haven't been checking my replies:

Just type "Barthog" in the search box at the top of the forum (I'm looking
at the forum on www.microsoft.com). It pops right up, just your question on
fourier transform and his.

drhalter