Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Program Pivot Table Buttons

Is it possible to program buttons into a pivot table report so that clicking
on that button would highlight that row of pivot table information and also
take a certain cell containing hours so that I could add it to a previous
value. here is an example:

Job Status No. Job Hours Date
PLANNED 1234 2 blank
PLANNED 1235 6 6/25
PLANNED 1236 4 6/25
PLANNED 1237 3 blank

I have over 8000 jobs, so a pivot table is used to filter the information by
area, but I would like to have a button or checkbox that a user could
indicate they would like to take a blank job and schedule it for the 25th, I
see it as highliting that information and then emailing it to the person who
could put it in the system. At the same time I have a total hours that
already has calculated 10 hours for the 25th, so if they select that button
to schedule a job for the 25th, I would like the 2 hours to be added to 10,
so they know the total hours they have scheduled. I know this is confusing,
I am very unfamiliar with basic so if I am leaving out some information
please let me know, I have been working on this spreadsheet for a month now
and have generated a spread sheet that does almost everything I want but this
and a couple of small things, thank you so much.