Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default taborder excel

How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do determine what it currently is

Dim sh as Object
for each sh in Activeworkbook.Sheets
msgbox sh.name & " index: " & sh.Index
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Frans" wrote:

How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

With the order you specified, it's quite easy.

Select the cells you want to tab between (eg A3:B5), then go to
FormatCellsProtection, deselect the Locked checkbox then click OK.
Go to ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet. In the dialog box you will be offered
the option to set a password. This is optional. Depending on the version of
Excel there may also be the option to specify what operations users can
carry out. For the purposes of this exercise, the defaults will do. Click
OK.
Tab will now move to the next available unlocked cell working along the row
before moving onto the next row.

The cells do not have to be in one group, but will always check an entire
row before going onto the next row.

--
Ian
--
"Frans" wrote in message
How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i don't believe the OP means "determine" as in find out what order the
sheets are currently in.
i believe he means to SORT them in the order he wants them.
(if i'm wrong, frans, then ignore me. :) )

Sorting Worksheets Numerically
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b601227e174f89
this thread discusses a lot of different options regarding sorting
worksheets.
hth
susan

--"Frans" wrote in message

How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Misunderstood

to tab within the sheet. Select A3:B5 and move within the selection using
the Tab key. You can use the enter key as well if it is set to move right
after enter.

Tom Ogilvy

"Frans" wrote:

How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are right Susan. I am not english so sorry if I used the wrong words. I
want to be able to controle the tabbing order within a worksheet. Alle fill
in fields are filled in with a handscanner and thus the movement within the
sheet should go automatically. I hope I'm clear now.

--"Frans" wrote in message

How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Susan gave you a link for code to sort the sheet names (tabs) at the bottom
of the Excel windows. Based on your response, that is not related to what
you want. I previously posted this as my second attempt - since it should
have been visible when you posted, I will post it again he

--"Frans" wrote in message

How can I determine the taborder in an excel sheet ? It needs to go from
a3 to b3 tot a4 to b4 to a5 to b5 etc.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ian Ian is offline

Tom's suggestion relies on the user selecting the area to restrict the
tabbing to. If you want to restrict entries ONLY to these 2 columns and
certain rows, then my suggestion of unlocking the cells and then protecting
the worksheet is more foolproof. Copied below: