Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to write macro to combine data in multiple tabs into a single tab.

I am trying to combine data in the spreadsheets found on
http://www.nareit.com/library/industry/051099s.cfm
Each spreadsheet has a different tab for each company, and I need to
get all of the data into one tab. Does anyone have any suggestions
about how to write a macro to do all or part of this?
Thanks,
Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

will you have enough rows?????
do you need the header info in rows 1-3 on each sheet? or is just the
fund name enough?

i'm sorry i don't have the time right now to help you write this, but
here's my basic strategy.....
start a new workbook
set up columns to match other workbooks
open each workbook
for each worksheet in myworkbook, find the last written row.....
copy range a15:aa & mylastrow
paste in new workbook (1st one at row 15)
after that find myotherlastrow in the new workbook
and start your pasting there.

or instead of selecting & pasting, you could just say

myrange (workbook new) a15:aa & mylastrow = myotherrange (workbook
old) a15:aa & mylastrow

myrange (workbook new) a: & myotherlastrow aa: & mylastrow =
myotherrange (workbook old) a15:aa & mylastrow

sorry if it's mega confusing & too hard to follow.
just ideas.
:)
susan

On Jun 15, 10:58 am, wrote:
I am trying to combine data in the spreadsheets found onhttp://www.nareit.com/library/industry/051099s.cfm
Each spreadsheet has a different tab for each company, and I need to
get all of the data into one tab. Does anyone have any suggestions
about how to write a macro to do all or part of this?
Thanks,
Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Start here Will
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

wrote in message ups.com...
I am trying to combine data in the spreadsheets found on
http://www.nareit.com/library/industry/051099s.cfm
Each spreadsheet has a different tab for each company, and I need to
get all of the data into one tab. Does anyone have any suggestions
about how to write a macro to do all or part of this?
Thanks,
Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you might have some trouble with the hard-coding starting @ row 15,
though, because in looking @ the spreadsheets further, they're not all
set up the same in the "header" rows.
you might have to set up a variable to find the correct row to start
at.

:(
susan