Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking for best method to automate monthly Excel report

Hi everybody,

On the 4th of every month, I need to provide an Excel file to several
users. Unfortunately, I'm doing this the manual way: I run the query
(with current date parameters) in query analyzer, get results in text,
copy text to Excel, remove the "xx lines affected", and do some simple
formatting. Then I go to sheet2, insert a pivot table, and point the
source of that table to sheet1 (all rows). Then I save the file
locally and send it to a group of users.

This happens every month and I'm getting tired of it! There must be a
better way.

Can somebody please advise me on the best way to do this? I can write
T-SQL, VBA, VBScript...it really doesn't matter. I'm just looking for
a good way to do this. It doesn't have to happen automatically/on a
schedule; it's feasible to let the user trigger the process. I just
want to be removed from the process entirely.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric