Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Avoid Outlook macro security for Excel bades macro

I wasn't sure where I sould post this so i'm postin in the Excel and Outlook
forums.

I have a macros in excel that generate emails in Outlook. As it is now, I
press a command button which generates the email and I then have to press
Send on each.

When I change the macro from .Display to .Send, Outlook's security catches it
and after several seconds displays a message box staiting that "A program is
attempting to send an email on your behalf. Do you want to continue?"

It kind of defeats the purpose of the .Send command, especially since it's
slower than displaying the email and hitting the send button.

I don't want to shut off the macro security completely.

Is there a way to authorize specific macro to run without the security pop-up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi BlackBox,

See Ron de Bruin at:

How To Prevent displaying the dialog that enables you
to send or not send the message
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

Sending mail from Excel with CDO
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"blackbox via OfficeKB.com" <u20390@uwe wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had already tried that.

I tried
Sending a sheet without pictures in the body of the mail (HTML)
and
Sending the selection or range in the body of the mail without pictures (HTML)

keep getting

runtime error '-214720960 (80040200)':
The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid

Norman Jones wrote:
Hi BlackBox,

See Ron de Bruin at:

How To Prevent displaying the dialog that enables you
to send or not send the message
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/prevent.htm

Sending mail from Excel with CDO
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

I wasn't sure where I sould post this so i'm postin in the Excel and
Outlook

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
Is there a way to authorize specific macro to run without the security
pop-up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi BlackBox,

Did you read Ron's 'Read this!!!' section at the
top of the page:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

?

---

I had already tried that.

I tried
Sending a sheet without pictures in the body of the mail (HTML)
and
Sending the selection or range in the body of the mail without pictures
(HTML)

keep getting

runtime error '-214720960 (80040200)':
The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

got it to work, didn't have the right server name

thanks for you help

Norman Jones wrote:
Hi BlackBox,

Did you read Ron's 'Read this!!!' section at the
top of the page:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm

?

---