Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RCL RCL is offline

Default Anchor Reference in a Formula

I have a formula which I donīt know how to copy it to the right,
leaving one of his arguments fixed.

See the attachement with an example Excel 2007 version !

http://www.exceluciones.com/SumIfExample.zip

(if you can not clic on link copy and paste it to your browser to
download zip file)

I will appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
you want an absolute reference in your formula. to do that just put a dollar
sign ($) in front of the reference that you want "fixed".
example
A1 - relative reference. column and row reference varies depending on where
you paste
$A$1 - absolute reverence. column and row reference remains constant no
matter where you paste.
$A1 - Absolute column reference, relative row reference, meaning the column
remains "fixed", row varies depending on where you paste.
A$1 - relative column reference, absolute row reference, meaning the column
varies depending on where you paste, row remains "fixed".

read up on absolute/relative references in xl help.

Regards
FSt1

I have a formula which I donÂīt know how to copy it to the right,