Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default a strange button state

the button become disable

is it truly disabled? absolutely does nothing when you click it?
or is it just not in focus?

if it's truly disabled, there must be something in an auto-open sub
that's changing the status. or a before-close sub that resets it
before you even get out of the workbook.

hth
susan

On May 23, 8:12 am, clara wrote:
Hi all,

I have a button(ActiveX control) on a worksheet, before I save the workbook,
I set the button's Enabled to true and I save and close the workbook. Next
time, when I open the workbook, the button become disable but the property
Enabled is still true. Why.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Susan,

First I save the workbook and after that the button is ok then I close the
workbook and when I open it again, the button appears disabled it does
nothing when I click it the strange thing is its Enabled property is still
true. I use a Stop statement in the open event of the workbook, and add the
button's Enabled change in the Watch. If the code in Open event change the
property, the execution will enter the debug mode, but nothing happen. This
programm is other person's work, I am just adding new features, so I can not
understand what happens here.

On May 23, 8:12 am, clara wrote:
Hi all,

I have a button(ActiveX control) on a worksheet, before I save the workbook,
I set the button's Enabled to true and I save and close the workbook. Next
time, when I open the workbook, the button become disable but the property
Enabled is still true. Why.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is from the control toolbox toolbar, perhaps you are in design mode.
You can switch this off by using the upper left control in the control
toolbox toolbar.

Tom Ogilvy

On May 23, 8:12 am, clara wrote:
Hi all,

I have a button(ActiveX control) on a worksheet, before I save the workbook,
I set the button's Enabled to true and I save and close the workbook. Next
time, when I open the workbook, the button become disable but the property
Enabled is still true. Why.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

It worked before and I think your first guess is correct because the same
problem happens to other buttons, but after some setting and switching to and
from design mode, it works.Could you elaborate a little about your solution
again?

Thank you very much

Clara
--

On May 23, 8:12 am, clara wrote:
Hi all,

I have a button(ActiveX control) on a worksheet, before I save the workbook,
I set the button's Enabled to true and I save and close the workbook. Next
time, when I open the workbook, the button become disable but the property
Enabled is still true. Why.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for controls from the control toolbox toolbar, you can put the sheet in
design mode so you can address their properties and work with their event
code. You take the sheet out of design mode to actually have the control
function (execute the code when clicked).

The design mode control is in the control toolbox toolbar in the upper left
corner (usually) - it has a drawing triangle on it. when in design mode, it
appears depressed. When not in design mode, it looks normal. (this is when
the control toolbox toolbar is visible). Sometimes when in design mode, a
floating toolbar will appear with this control

Tom Ogilvy

On May 23, 8:12 am, clara wrote:
Hi all,

I have a button(ActiveX control) on a worksheet, before I save the workbook,
I set the button's Enabled to true and I save and close the workbook. Next
time, when I open the workbook, the button become disable but the property
Enabled is still true. Why.

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, that the problem. You need to be NOT in Design Mode for this control
to function.

NickHK

"clara" wrote in message
Hi Tom,