Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Email Not Showing up

Hi there,

I am using Ron's code to send the active sheet via email. I have used my
own email address for testing purposes, however, i am not ever receiving the
email, and not sure why. I am using Excel 2003 and my email software is
Windows Mail.

Can anyone help?

Sub Mail_ActiveSheet()
'Working in 97-2007
Dim FileExtStr As String
Dim FileFormatNum As Long
Dim Sourcewb As Workbook
Dim Destwb As Workbook
Dim TempFilePath As String
Dim TempFileName As String

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.EnableEvents = False
End With

Set Sourcewb = ActiveWorkbook

'Copy the sheet to a new workbook
ActiveSheet.Copy
Set Destwb = ActiveWorkbook

'Determine the Excel version and file extension/format
With Destwb
If Val(Application.Version) < 12 Then
'You use Excel 97-2003
FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = -4143
Else
'You use Excel 2007
'We exit the sub when your answer is NO in the security dialog
that you only
'see when you copy a sheet from a xlsm file with macro's
disabled.
If Sourcewb.Name = .Name Then
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.EnableEvents = True
End With
MsgBox "Your answer is NO in the security dialog"
Exit Sub
Else
Select Case Sourcewb.FileFormat
Case 51: FileExtStr = ".xlsx": FileFormatNum = 51
Case 52:
If .HasVBProject Then
FileExtStr = ".xlsm": FileFormatNum = 52
Else
FileExtStr = ".xlsx": FileFormatNum = 51
End If
Case 56: FileExtStr = ".xls": FileFormatNum = 56
Case Else: FileExtStr = ".xlsb": FileFormatNum = 50
End Select
End With

'Save the new workbook/Mail it/Delete it
TempFilePath = Environ$("temp") & "\"
TempFileName = "Part of " & Sourcewb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yy
h-mm-ss")

With Destwb
.SaveAs TempFilePath & TempFileName & FileExtStr,
FileFormat:=FileFormatNum
On Error Resume Next
.SendMail ", _
"This is the Subject line"
On Error GoTo 0
.Close SaveChanges:=False
End With

'Delete the file you have send
Kill TempFilePath & TempFileName & FileExtStr

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.EnableEvents = True
End With
Carlee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which mail program do you use ?

If you use Outlook Express for example and Outlook is your default mail program then
it is in the outbox in Outlook.

See if this show you the correct program

StartSettingsControl Panel....Internet options (Program Tab)
In Vista : StartDefault programs

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm