Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Array Maintaining its values after execution

Apologies for starting a new thread, however I could not see a means
of adding to the existing discussion

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...&rnum=1&hl=en#

Unlike the previous poster I wish to retain the values of my arrays
after code execution (in order to repopulate previously captured data
on a user form if the user wishes to change their mind after initial
submission). Running Excel 2003.

However, wherever i declare my array be it globally in a module or
ThisWorkbook it always clears itself after code execution. To be
honest this is the behaviour I expected and I was surprised with Tom
Olgivy's answer that a global variable will retain its value for the
life of the workbook. I was expecting to have to add something extra
to the declaration.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim s(2) As Integer
Sub demo()
MsgBox (s(0))
MsgBox (s(1))
s(0) = s(0) + 1
s(1) = s(1) + 1
End Sub

repeated execution of demo will show the values are retained
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200723
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the public declaration should be in a general module not in

worksheet module
thisworkbook module
userform module

Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

Apologies for starting a new thread, however I could not see a means
of adding to the existing discussion

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...&rnum=1&hl=en#

Unlike the previous poster I wish to retain the values of my arrays
after code execution (in order to repopulate previously captured data
on a user form if the user wishes to change their mind after initial
submission). Running Excel 2003.

However, wherever i declare my array be it globally in a module or
ThisWorkbook it always clears itself after code execution. To be
honest this is the behaviour I expected and I was surprised with Tom
Olgivy's answer that a global variable will retain its value for the
life of the workbook. I was expecting to have to add something extra
to the declaration.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rogramming/bro...

Unlike the previous poster I wish to retain the values of my arrays
after code execution (in order to repopulate previously captured data
on a user form if the user wishes to change their mind after initial
submission). Running Excel 2003.

However, wherever i declare my array be it globally in a module or
ThisWorkbook it always clears itself after code execution. To be
honest this is the behaviour I expected and I was surprised with Tom
Olgivy's answer that a global variable will retain its value for the
life of the workbook. I was expecting to have to add something extra
to the declaration.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Simon

Thanks to you both, have sorted it out now