Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Palette colors change when sent as email attachment

Hello,

When I email someone a file, the formatting (colors) change... How do I
ensure the file they open looks just like the one I sent?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For most formatting aspects in a workbook the format colours are taken from
the palette of 56 colours. If the palette is customized it's saved with the
workbook, so your recipient should see the same palette and any formatted
colours. However the automatic colours for fill and font are determined by
the user's system colours, typically white and black, but not necessarily.
Is it these colours that don't appear the same.

Regards,
Peter T

"JEFF" wrote in message
Hello,

When I email someone a file, the formatting (colors) change... How do I
ensure the file they open looks just like the one I sent?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter, thanks for responding....

The issue is with cell shading, and I noticed that my palette is different
from theirs (mine had been changed, they are using system defaults)... Does
that help?

"JEFF" wrote in message
Hello,

When I email someone a file, the formatting (colors) change... How do I
ensure the file they open looks just like the one I sent?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you say 'system defaults' do you mean Excel's default palette or system
colours in respective systems are not the same. I assume you mean Excel's
default palette.

As I said before normally a customized palette is saved with the workbook
and should open with the same the palette and palette colour formats by the
recipient. Though of course the user could reset the palette, or
re-customize it.

Was, by chance your workbook, originally created in a pre Excel 97 version.
eg '95.

Regards,
Peter T