Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro statement when opening file, but no macro

Hi folks,

I have a few workbooks which when opening, includes a message whether I want
to enable or disable macros, yet there are no macros associated with the
file. I've gone into VBE to try to remove the macro, but no macros show up.
Any clue on what to do to remove the macro?

TIA,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob,

See Debra Dalgleish at:

All of a sudden, when I open the file, it asks if I
want to "Enable or Disable a Macro". There are
no macros in this workbook.
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

---
Regards,
Norman

"Robert Smith" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi folks,

I have a few workbooks which when opening, includes a message whether I
want to enable or disable macros, yet there are no macros associated with
the file. I've gone into VBE to try to remove the macro, but no macros
show up. Any clue on what to do to remove the macro?

TIA,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Robert,

'-----------------
Thanks Norman. Worked like a charm ... save for having to scroll through
40-60 worksheets in 4 different workbooks. Lots of work, but it worked.
'-----------------

I am glad that you have resolved your problem.

However, had the extent of your problem been apparent,
I would have referred you to Chip Pearson at:

Deleting All VBA Code In A Project
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm#DeleteAllVBA

and I would have suggested code to loop through the
required workbooks.

---
Regards,
Norman