Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Detect new row event

I need to make a macro that monitors and detects when a new row its added to
a worksheet and calls a fuction.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try something like this. GO to the tab that you want to check on
insertion of a row, right click and pull down to VIEW CODE. Copy this code
to that worksheet's code module.

Dim TgtEmpty As Boolean

Debug.Print Target.Address, Target.Count, IsEmpty(Target)
TgtEmpty = True
If Not Target.Count = 256 Then Exit Sub

For Each tgt In Target
If Not IsEmpty(tgt) Then
MsgBox ("A blank row was not entered")
TgtEmpty = False
Exit For
End If
Next tgt

If TgtEmpty Then
MsgBox ("Target is empty")

IT's not as robust as I'd like, but it's a start.

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Edwin Martinez" wrote:

I need to make a macro that monitors and detects when a new row its added to
a worksheet and calls a fuction.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this idea
right click sheet tabview codeinsert this

'-----------copy all below
Public numrows
newnum = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).row
If newnum numrows Then
MsgBox "rows were " & numrows
'your code here and comment out the msgbox lines
numrows = newnum
MsgBox "rows now " & numrows
--
Don Guillett