Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem in data export

Hi All,

I am exporting data from th table in the word to the excel but i am facing a
problem while exporting it currently i am using excel, use the data Import
External data New Web Query option.

but i have some column with data like 7/5 etc when exporting this the excel
is converting it to date format while the actual data is not a data data it
is some thing other to represent the things can any body help me out how i
can export data from the word table to excel without changing their format i
like to export data in the same way as it is looking in word table.

Thanks in advance

Regards

--umesh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I usually try to do a cut and past of word tables to excel rather than
importing the tables. You can get the date back to characters by formating
the cells as text before you import the tables.