Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A macro to delete other macros?

Hello,
I have a macro that makes a copy of the workbook that it's associated with.
Is it possible to modify this macro so that the copy of the workbook is
devoid of macros?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ellen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out Chip Pearson's site:
http://cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

He shows how to write code that modifies code.

But there can be difficulties. If the workbook's project is locked or if the
user didn't allow any program access to the project, then you'll have trouble.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

The code on http://cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm is not working for Excel 2007,
Could please help me to get that code working in Excel 2007.

Would that be possible.

EllenM wrote:

Hello,
I have a macro that makes a copy of the workbook that it's associated with.
Is it possible to modify this macro so that the copy of the workbook is
devoid of macros?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ellen

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you follow Chip's instructions he writes in the "Introduction" at top of
page?

"In order to use the code on this page in your projects, you must change two
settings."

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

EllenM wrote:

Hello,
I have a macro that makes a copy of the workbook that it's associated with.
Is it possible to modify this macro so that the copy of the workbook is
devoid of macros?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ellen

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code on http://cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm is not working for Excel 2007,

The VBE object model wasn't changed between 2003 and 2007. The code
works in 2007. Can you provide an example of code that works in 2003
but not in 2007?

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional