Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show Printer Setup Dialog in Excel from Internet Explorer

I'm trying to make the Printer Setup Dialog available to users. The Excel
file is accessed and opened from a web page. The following code works fine
if the file is opened in Excel, but if the file is opened from IE I get a
Run-time error '1004' Unable to get the Show property of the Dialog class.
Any help would be appreciated.

bdlgAnswer = myWorkbook.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetu p).Show

--
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This may not be a good solution for you...

I'd do my best to not let MSIE open the file:

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

There are just too many things that don't work when an excel file is opened in a
browser.

John JBM wrote:

I'm trying to make the Printer Setup Dialog available to users. The Excel
file is accessed and opened from a web page. The following code works fine
if the file is opened in Excel, but if the file is opened from IE I get a
Run-time error '1004' Unable to get the Show property of the Dialog class.
Any help would be appreciated.

bdlgAnswer = myWorkbook.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetu p).Show

--
John

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

I followed the Microsoft support link you supplied, followed Option 1 and
now the Printer Dialog works properly.

Thanks for the quick & helpful reply.

Now I have to decide if I should make the change for all folks accessing the
file through a browser, or find another means of sharing.

--
John

John JBM wrote:

I'm trying to make the Printer Setup Dialog available to users. The Excel
file is accessed and opened from a web page. The following code works fine
if the file is opened in Excel, but if the file is opened from IE I get a
Run-time error '1004' Unable to get the Show property of the Dialog class.
Any help would be appreciated.

bdlgAnswer = myWorkbook.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetu p).Show

--
John

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could put your file on a common network drive and skip the web
completely.

But I would share this KB article with others. They may not want to install it,
but others may--for other workbooks on the web, too.