Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default open an e-mail msg in Excel

When I open a msg in Outlook 2003 there is an option on the Edit menu to
"open in Excel 11".

Is there a way to programmatically open an e-mail msg in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Thanks for your response.

I've searched, but I can't find anything that comes close to what I want.

I have tried a routine that runs from within Outlook; it parses the current
msg and sends strings to cells in a worksheet in Excel. I've also tried
using Excel to grab data from the outlook inbox and I've tried copying the
e-mail msg into excel, but the with the body of the msg in one cell there's
a formula too long error. I tried sending the msg body from a cell to a new
word document, but nothing comes close to the effect of "Open in Excel 11"
where the message is opened in an Excel worksheet with each line on a
separate row.

These e-mails all have exactly the same format. I receive one each day. I'm
trying to make a monthly summary.

Max.

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Yes, automation. Search the web on Outlook and Automation, "Max".

--
Jim