Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AVR AVR is offline

Default Password Dialogue

Is there a simple way to create a password input box triggered by clicking a
button in excel. I need the user entry to be obscured by some character,
like "*".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On a userform add a text box and put "*" in for the password character.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"AVR" wrote in message
Is there a simple way to create a password input box triggered by clicking
button in excel. I need the user entry to be obscured by some character,
like "*".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AVR AVR is offline

What about without a userform? I have a statistical analysis spreadsheet,
where the user begins the execution by clicking a "Run" button in a
worksheet. I then prompt for a password, using an inputbox. If the entry is
validated, the code executes. Is there an alternative to the inputbox, or is
there a way to obscure the user entry into it?