Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Join Excel Cell within 1 Worksheet to another

Can I join a cell in one worksheet with another cell in another worksheet
within the same workbook?

Sheet 1 has A2 (Employee Id) with hourly rate in B2
Sheet 2 has A2 (Employee Id), B2 (Hours) and I'm trying to calculate Pay in
C2 by multiplying the hourly rate from Sheet 1: B2 (hourly rate) with Sheet
2: B2 (Hours)
Any ideas? The problem is that Sheet 2 has multiple entries for employee id.
It is a one to many.

Amy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have a table of names/rates on sheet1 in columns A:B?

If yes, you can use =vlookup() to retrieve the rate for any id:

=vlookup(a2,sheet1!a:b,2,false)
(in a separate cell)

or

=b2*vlookup(a2,sheet1!a:b,2,false)
to do the hours*rate calculation in one cell.

--

Dave Peterson